Chris Lau, Kapitall: For the week of February 25 2013, Cramer mentioned 5 companies that yielded more than 7%. The companies are worth deeper analysis, in an environment where yield is hard to find. The companies mentioned were:
List Average 1-Year Return: 10%
1. Pengrowth Energy Corporation ( PGH): Engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas reserves in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. Market cap at $2.03B. Sell. Pengrowth declared a $0.04 monthly dividend, giving the company shares a yield of over 10%. Shares traded ex-dividend on February 21. In December, the company sold 10% of its interest in Weyburn property. The CAD $315M gained was used to reduce the company’s debt. Pengrowth is also in the initial phases of an oil sands project in Alberta. Pengrowth bottomed below $4, and is now 17% above its 52-week low. 2. Ship Finance International Limited ( SFL): Engages in the ownership and operation of vessels and offshore related assets in Bermuda, Cyprus, Malta, Liberia, Norway, the United States, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the Marshall Islands. Market cap at $1.39B. Sell. Ship Finance reported fourth quarter earnings of $0.60 per share, beating estimates by $0.27. Charter revenue was $168 million. In January, the company announced an increase in the issuance of convertible senior notes that would be due in 2018. The total issue is now $350 million. 3. SeaDrill Limited ( SDRL): Provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industries worldwide. Market cap at $17.13B. Buy. SeaDrill pays a dividend that yields 9.1%. The company reported quarterly results on February 28 2013, beating revenue estimates by $110M. SeaDrill earned $0.04 per share on revenue of $1.22B. The only negative news with this company was that it raised estimates for the downtime required for its deep-water rigs. The estimate was raised to around 100 days, up from 41 days. In Q4, operating profits for floaters declined by 7.3%, but profits from jack-up rigs increased by 44%. Operating costs increased by 24% to $774M.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts