8. Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ( ARNA): Focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing oral drugs in the therapeutic areas of cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory, and metabolic diseases. Market cap at $1.81B.
Posted a 1.7% loss trading today, but some investors are still bullish, waiting for a weight loss drug to be released. The drug has been anticipated for months. FoolBiotech tweets, "Investors are antsy waiting — when will this obesity drug launch? mot.ly/14lGsFx $ARNA $OREX $VVUS"
9. Marathon Petroleum Corporation ( MPC): Engages in refining, transporting, and marketing petroleum products primarily in the United States and internationally. Market cap at $28.17B.Up 5.6%. Another big mover in the refinery sect. Prostocktrader tweets, "$PSX (65.18) Update: Nice rally since my comment earlier in the day when it was trading sub 64. New 52 weeks highs coming as $MPC."
10. DepoMed Inc. ( DEPO): Develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products based on its proprietary oral drug delivery technologies in the United States. Market cap at $368.75M. DEPO was beat up today, down 9.8% coming from a rumor that the FDA will reject a menopause drug. Technicaltrader tweets, "FDA advisers vote to reject approval of $DEPO menopause drug http://stks.co/p4Nk"
( Written by Kapitall's Ryan Horch)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts