For those unfamiliar with StockTwits, it is essentially Twitter for the stock markets. Users specifically tweet about markets trends, investment strategies and real-time company specific events. Much like Twitter tracks trending topics, StockTwits uses “cashtags” (ex: $GOOG) to track the most discussed stocks and ETFs of the day.
The most discussed tickers are usually given that designation because they are involved in breaking news, have seen significant changes in stock price, or are generating a lot of speculation.
So, which names are generating the most buzz today, Monday, March 4th? We checked in at the close to see what caught people’s attention.
It is not unlikely to see popular companies Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG) as the top trenders. Apple fell 2.5% today, even though the S&P 500, DOW, and NASDAQ all posted gains. Uni-Pixel Inc (UNXL) made the top ten today, with many investors bullish as it hit an all time high. Along with the Transports Index (TRAN) reaching new highs, it seemed as though investors were excited with the performance from JetBlue (JBLU), which closed up 2.9%.
Recent performance for AAPL, UNXL, and JBLU:
Here are the top ten tweeted stocks of the day and the best tweets investors had to offer: Use the Compar-O-Matic to see average analyst recomendations, provided by Zacks: 1. Apple Inc. (AAPL): Market cap at $404.24B. Seems like people are hopping on the David Einhorn train, even though Buffet publicly told Apple not to cave to demands from the public to let go of some if its cash reserves. PaulyShore1984 tweets, "$AAPL Scrooge McDuck for Apple CEO, he is REALLY! good at hoarding cash http://stks.co/dMOL"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV