Dollar Soars On Positive US Jobs Data
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ A strong U.S. jobs report pushed the dollar higher against most major currencies Friday.
The euro fell to $1.3005 in late trading Friday from $1.3104 late Thursday. Earlier, the euro fell to $1.2954, its lowest point against the dollar since Dec. 11, 2012.
The Labor Department said Friday that 236,000 jobs were added in February and that the unemployment rate fell to 7.7 percent from 7.9 percent in January. Economists expected the economy to add 152,000 jobs.
The British pound fell to $1.4936 from $1.5018.The dollar rose to 0.9511 Swiss franc from 0.9427 Swiss franc. The dollar slipped to 95.82 Japanese yen from 94.85 Japanese yen and to 1.0287 Canadian dollar from 1.0289 Canadian dollar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV