National Weather Service Employees Organization Endorses Mark Begich For Alaska Senate
WASHINGTON, March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Weather Service Employees Organization is pleased to announce its endorsement of Mark Begich for Senator of Alaska.
"Senator Begich strongly supports the lifesaving mission of the NWS to protect the people who work and live in Alaska," said NWSEO President Dan Sobien.
Senator Begich, as chairman of the Senate oceans subcommittee overseeing NOAA, pushed the agency to work with the Interagency Working Group for Alaska, a consortium of federal agencies organized by President Obama to work together to streamline permitting for oil and gas development in the Arctic.
NWSEO is the labor organization and professional association that represents 4,000 employees of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in the U.S. Department of Commerce, including:
- Forecasters, technicians and support personnel of the National Weather Service, the nation's official source for weather forecasts and warnings,
- Attorneys in NOAA's Office of General Counsel,
- Technicians who track and command the nation's weather satellites,
- Civilian crews of the "Hurricane Hunter" aircraft,
- Hurricane researchers and other scientists and support personnel at the Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory in Florida.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts