Chubb Atlantic’s ratings recognize its solid risk-adjusted capitalization and the implicit and explicit support provided by Chubb Corp. This financial support is evidenced by the capital contributions Chubb Corp. has made in recent years to support Chubb Atlantic’s operations, as well as the business of Chubb Atlantic’s subsidiary, Chubb do Brasil Companhia de Seguros. Furthermore, Chubb Atlantic is the beneficiary of sizable irrevocable letters of credit issued by banks on behalf of Chubb Corp.
The ratings also acknowledge Chubb Atlantic’s strategic importance within the Chubb Group, including its quota share reinsurance assumed from affiliates.
These positive rating factors are partially offset by the volatility in Chubb Atlantic’s underwriting performance in prior years, largely due to adverse loss reserve development.
Chubb Corp.’s debt-to-tangible capital ratio is maintained at a modest 20% as of December 31, 2012. Despite the company’s ongoing share repurchase program, liquid assets at the holding company are expected to be maintained at a level more than sufficient to cover annual holding company expenses.The FSR of A++ (Superior) and the ICRs of “aa+” have been affirmed for the following property/casualty subsidiaries of The Chubb Corporation:
- Federal Insurance Company
- Chubb Custom Insurance Company
- Chubb Indemnity Insurance Company
- Chubb Insurance Company of Australia Limited
- Chubb Insurance Company of Europe SE
- Chubb Insurance Company of Canada
- Chubb National Insurance Company
- Executive Risk Indemnity Inc.
- Executive Risk Specialty Insurance Company
- Great Northern Insurance Company
- Pacific Indemnity Company
- Vigilant Insurance Company
- Chubb Insurance Company of New Jersey
- Chubb Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas
- Northwestern Pacific Indemnity Company
- Texas Pacific Indemnity Company
- Chubb Atlantic Indemnity Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV