For American Airlines, the Gap in Asia May Be Less Than It Seems
Consultant Bob Mann said the best option could be to lure either China Eastern or China Southern from Skyteam. Hainan is fine, Mann said, but the big three "are so big that you would have to do a lot of work over a long time to manufacture a reasonable competitor."
"Alliances are like Friday night dates," Mann said. "Things change all the time."
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV