Assembly GOP: Reform Public Retirement, Wages
Under a defined benefit plan, retirees are guaranteed a monthly amount based on their salary and how long they've worked. Monthly benefits under a contribution plan are based on how much is put into an individual retirement account, but the benefits are portable, meaning an employee can take that money with them if they leave public service.
Kirner estimated his proposal would save $30 million in the last half of the two-year budget cycle because the state's contribution rate would be lower. He also said it would help reduce the Public Employee Retirement System's $11.2 billion unfunded liability.
On public works projects, Assistant Assembly Minority Leader Crescent Hardy, R-Mesquite, said he's sponsoring a bill that would exempt school projects from prevailing wage laws â¿¿ a requirement Republicans argue are inflated by union wages and not reflective of the overall labor market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV