March 8, 2013
ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER / BOOTH 2272
Funky Monkey® Snacks
, the Fruit That Crunches
, today announced at
Natural Foods Expo West 2013
that it has joined forces with
for a Super Heroic new line of kid-friendly freeze-dried fruit snacks. The powerful lineup, themed after some of Marvel's most popular and renowned Super Hero franchises, features five mainstream fruit varieties packaged in larger, resealable bags. This alliance further broadens the family appeal of Funky Monkey Snacks as one of the most delicious and nutritious snack foods on the market.
Funky Monkey Snacks' new Marvel product line, an addition to its current offerings, links each variety with its own Super Hero:
- Ultimate Strawberries featuring the amazing web slinger, Spider-Man (1 oz., 6 servings of fruit*)
- Incredible Pineapples featuring the most smashing Avenger, The Hulk (1.5 oz., 6 servings of fruit*)
- Mighty Bananas featuring the brave, other-worldly Avenger, Thor (2.25 oz., 6 servings of fruit*)
- Legendary Cinnamon Apples featuring the super strong Avenger, Captain America (1.5 oz., 4 servings of fruit*)
- Invincible Strawberry Bananas featuring the Armored Avenger, Iron Man (1.5 oz., 5 servings of fruit*)
"Funky Monkey Snacks are the preferred choice for healthy, crunchy and delicious snacks with families all across America," said
, President of Funky Monkey Snacks.
All Funky Monkey Snacks in the Marvel line are 100% real fruit, nutritionally equivalent to their fresh counterparts. Each is 100% all natural, fat-free and gluten free, with absolutely no additives. The products are vegan, kosher, made in peanut-free facilities and packed exclusively in the
"The addition of Funky Monkey's freeze-dried fruit to our licensed consumables program reflects Marvel's dedicated efforts to providing families with healthy snack choices," said
, Director of Licensing for Marvel Consumer Products.
Funky Monkey Snacks' new Marvel product line (suggested retail price
) will be available
April 1, 2013
The company is exhibiting at Natural Foods Expo West 2013,
, at Booth 2272 in the
Convention Center. To learn more, visit the booth, log on to
, or follow Funky Monkey on
*The USDA defines ¼ cup of freeze-dried fruit as 1 serving of fruit.