Newman Ferrara LLP has begun an investigation into potential claims against the board of directors of Gardner Denver Inc. (“Gardner Denver”) (NYSE: GDI) concerning the proposed acquisition of Gardner Denver by private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (“KKR”) (NYSE: KKR).
On March 8, 2013, Gardner Denver announced that it had entered into a definitive merger agreement to be acquired by KKR in a transaction valued at $3.9 billion. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Gardner Denver shareholders will receive $76.00 per share of Gardner Denver common stock owned. However, the proposed deal provides Gardner Denver shareholders with a premium of only 3 percent to Gardner Denver’s closing price of $73.85 per share on March 7, 2013, the day before the deal was announced. In addition, Garden Denver common stock traded at above the offer price as recently as December 10, 2012, when it traded at $76.54 per share.
Gardner Denver’s Board of Directors has unanimously approved the deal, which is expected to close during the third quarter of 2013.
Newman Ferrara LLP’s investigation concerns whether Gardner Denver’s Board of Directors has breached its fiduciary duties to act in the best interests of Gardner Denver’s shareholders and to take all necessary steps to ensure that Gardner Denver’s shareholders receive the maximum value readily available for their shares of Gardner Denver common stock.Concerned investors may contact Newman Ferrara attorney Roy Shimon at (212) 619-5400 or email@example.com to discuss this investigation, their rights, or potential remedies. Newman Ferrara maintains a multifaceted practice based in New York City with attorneys specializing in complex commercial and multi-party litigation, securities fraud and shareholder litigation, consumer protection, civil rights, and real estate. For more information, please visit the firm website at www.nfllp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV