Pinterest, the hot content sharing service that allows members to "pin" images, videos and other objects to their pinboard, recently raised money that valued the company at $2.5 billion.
Pinterest hasn't generated any significant revenue yet, but the possibilities for the company are endless. I've long thought a heavyweight like Amazon (AMZN) would wind up buying Pinterest. You pin something you like, whether it be clothing or furnishings, and then go over to Amazon and buy it. It makes too much sense.Buying Pinterest could help keep it out of the hands of rivals, as well. During this week's News Feed announcement, Facebook (FB) mentioned Pinterest several times, which I thought was rather odd.
Facebook has mentioned @ pinterested twice already.I wonder if there's a deal between the two??— Chris Ciaccia (@Commodity_Bull) March 7, 2013Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg also described the new News Feed as "trying to give everyone the best personalized newspaper," which felt to me like a slight against Yahoo!'s newly redesigned home page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV