AllThingsD reports that Yahoo!'s Jackie Reses, who heads the tech giant's M&A team, let slip at a company event that Yahoo! is working on two "significant" acquisitions and perhaps as many as six smaller talent "acqui-hires." (Reses, incidentally, also heads HR and was part of the firm's controversial work from home policy).
Mayer has bought Stamped , a mobile review site, Snip.it, an online content organization company, and OnTheAir, a videoconferencing startup. These were all tiny transactions, though, and Yahoo! has a growing cash pile. The comany's cash haul was around $6 billion at the end of the fourth quarter, thanks in large part to a partial sale of its Alibaba stake.
With an increased cash pile, continued optimism surrounding the company, and the prospect of more money to come (from additional sales of its Asian assets), Mayer is eager to strike. Here are a few companies I think she could acquire with all her new found money, before it burns a hole in her pocket.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV