The board of directors of ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) has elected Ms. Gay Huey Evans as a new outside director. The election of Ms. Huey Evans increases the total number of ConocoPhillips directors to 11, of which 10 are outside directors. She will serve on the Audit and Finance Committee of the ConocoPhillips board.
Ms. Huey Evans, 58, was formerly vice chairman of the board and non-executive chairman, Europe, of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. from 2011 to 2012. She was former vice chairman, Investment Banking and Investment Management at Barclays Capital from 2008 to 2010. She was previously head of governance of Citi Alternative Investments (EMEA) from 2007 to 2008 and president of Tribeca Global Management (Europe) Ltd. from 2005 to 2007, both part of Citigroup. From 1998 to 2005, she was director of the markets division and head of the capital markets sector at the U.K. Financial Services Authority. She previously held various senior management positions with Bankers Trust Company in New York and London.
In making the announcement, ConocoPhillips Chairman and CEO Ryan Lance said, “Gay brings in-depth knowledge of, and insight into, global capital markets from her extensive experience in the financial services industry. Her election to the board adds significant expertise on these matters to our organization and will provide a unique and valuable perspective to the running of our business.”
Ms. Huey Evans is a member of the management board and of the panel of finance experts of the Panel of Recognised International Market Experts in Finance (PRIME Finance), which is a dispute settlement body for the global financial markets. She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, an independent, non-partisan, membership organization, think tank and publisher, as well as a member of Forum U.K., a network for women with outstanding achievements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV