- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, 23 percent increased staffing while 24 percent decreased employee headcounts and 53 percent maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: Trends for the past three years all show a small .2 percent growth in small business employment for this time period, so 2013 is very consistent with data from prior years.
- What to watch: As the economy continues to gain momentum, we will watch to see if jobs become a larger factor in that growth. There are still many uncertainties that may be affecting the decision to invest in labor, such as the sequester and the talk of more tax increases in conjunction with those job losses.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Finds Positive Territory Again
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.