NEW YORK, March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, today announced the 2013 global celebration of International Women's Day (IWD), which includes nearly 100 employee and client initiatives around the world from Chicago, Nashville and New York to Argentina, Brazil, China, India and Ireland.
"The world's most successful companies recognize the extraordinary benefits of a diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices are heard and all employees are able to collaborate and contribute to the growth of their clients and their company," said Karen Peetz, BNY Mellon president. "We are not standing still waiting for the markets to improve. We're investing in our people and leveraging the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce, expanding our capabilities and building a stronger global presence to become an even more valuable partner to our clients."
Coordinated by hundreds of employee volunteer members from WIN, the company's affinity network for women, this year's IWD agenda surpasses the number of all previous BNY Mellon events for diversity and inclusion programming around March's month-long celebration of women's history. Highlights of this year's BNY Mellon global initiative will include:
- New York – Women's economic empowerment forum;
- India – Leadership panels and forums focused on gender diversity and inclusion;
- Hong Kong – International Women's Day networking events with clients;
- Pittsburgh – Educational sessions with the Human Rights Network, an organization dedicated to improving women's and children's lives while also combating human trafficking; and
- Shanghai – International Women's Day charity bazaar, benefitting the educational programs of the China Charity Federation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV