ADA-ES, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADES) (“ADA”) today announced that it has been awarded a contract from a large air pollution equipment company to supply Activated Carbon Injection (ACI) and Dry Sorbent Injection (DSI) systems for installation at two coal-fired power plants. Work on the contract, which is valued at more than $8.5 million, will begin immediately with deliveries scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2013 and first quarter of next year.
The contract is the result of the recent EPA Mercury and Air Toxics Standard (MATS), which requires coal-fired power plants to reduce emissions of mercury and sulfuric, hydrochloric and other acid gases by April 2015. ADA believes that MATS and other emission control regulations could generate a total market in excess of $1 billion for ACI and DSI systems, and the Company expects to maintain a combined market share of about 35%. The enactment of MATS has recently created a significant increase in ACI and DSI procurement activities, and ADA has been active in its response to this market. In 2012, ADA announced awards for DSI and ACI systems with a potential total value of $35 million. In addition to these awards, ADA has active bids on over $125 million for ACI systems and over $160 million for DSI systems.
Dr. Michael Durham, President and CEO of ADA, stated, “We are very pleased to announce this significant award and proud to provide our customer with a comprehensive solution using both ACI and DSI systems to ensure compliance with the new federal rules. With our acquisition of BCSI last year, we believe that we have a competitive advantage as we can provide both injection systems, which must work together in order for the customer to achieve compliance. We expect that additional contracts for DSI and ACI systems will be awarded soon.”
About ADAADA is a leader in clean coal technology and the associated specialty chemicals, serving the coal-fueled power plant industry. Our proprietary environmental technologies and specialty chemicals enable power plants to enhance existing air pollution control equipment, minimize mercury, CO 2 and other emissions, maximize capacity, and improve operating efficiencies, to meet the challenges of existing and pending emission control regulations. With respect to mercury emissions:
- Through our consolidated subsidiary, Clean Coal Solutions, LLC (“CCS”), we provide our patented Refined Coal (“RC”) CyClean™ technology to enhance combustion of and reduce emissions of NOx and mercury from coals in cyclone boilers and our patent pending M-45™ and M-45-PC™ technologies for Circulating Fluidized Boilers and Pulverized Coal boilers respectively.
- We supply Activated Carbon Injection (“ACI”) and Dry Sorbent Injection (“DSI”) systems, mercury measurement instrumentation, and related services.
- Under an exclusive development and licensing agreement with Arch Coal, we are developing and commercializing an enhanced PRB coal with reduced emissions of mercury and other metals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV