- Net sales were $57.0 million, down 15.0% from the comparable quarter in fiscal 2012, reflecting reduced demand within our Electronic Chemicals and Wood Treating Chemicals businesses.
- Gross profit margins increased to 27.6%, from 25.6% in the second fiscal quarter of 2012.
- Operating income declined to $3.2 million, from $4.9 million in the same period a year ago.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.14 vs. $0.21 per share in last year’s second fiscal quarter.
- Electronic Chemicals segment operating margins (after corporate allocations) improved slightly to 6.8% vs. 6.5% in the second fiscal quarter of 2012.
- Wood Treating Chemicals segment operating margins (after corporate allocations) declined to 10.5% vs. 11.5% in last year’s second quarter.
KMG Chemicals Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.