CHICAGO, March 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Durata Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:DRTX) today announced financial results for the year ended December 31, 2012.
"2012 was a great year for Durata. We accomplished many things from a clinical, regulatory and organizational perspective that position us well for a successful 2013 and beyond," said Paul Edick, Chief Executive Officer of Durata Therapeutics, Inc. "Our financial results reflect our increase in spending as we were concluding our studies and preparing for submission to the FDA and potential commercialization of dalbavancin for treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI)."
2012 Highlights and Recent EventsOur significant accomplishments include the following:
- Completed enrollment and closed our two Phase 3 clinical trials of dalbavancin, DISCOVER 1 and DISCOVER 2. Both studies met their primary and secondary endpoints, based on preliminary top-line data.
- Received Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) designation for dalbavancin from the FDA, which provides Durata priority review by the FDA, eligibility for "fast-track" status, and extension of statutory exclusivity periods for an additional five years upon FDA approval of the product for the treatment of ABSSSI.
- Completed our initial public offering, resulting in approximately $71.3 million of net proceeds.
- Entered into a $20.0 million debt facility on March 5, 2013 with Oxford Finance LLC. Net proceeds are expected to be received by the end of March 2013 and used for working capital purposes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts