50% Of People Prioritise A Holiday In 2013
LONDON, March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
• Thomas Cook finds holidays are the top spending priority for Brits this year
• Greece is one of the most likely candidates for 2013 holidays• One in ten of us are already shopping for holiday wear Britain is not exactly known for its good weather, but it's really outdone itself this year. Snow, ice, bitterly cold winds and a spattering of hail showers - we've seen it all! But while the weather in the UK has been cool, leading travel agent Thomas Cook has found that over 32 million of us have already started searching for holidays on their website - with Greece making a strong comeback. Will a holiday be your most important purchase this year? A recent poll by Thomas Cook found that a holiday abroad was our top spending priority this year - with almost half of respondents (47%) saying it would be their most important purchase. Brits are so eager to leave their everyday stresses behind that one in ten have already hit the high street to replenish their holiday wardrobe. Already busy swapping fleeces for flip-flops and snow boots for skimpy bikinis, many of us are already dreaming of jetting off to exotic destinations, with cheap Holidays to Bodrum proving a popular choice this summer. Will we be thawing out on the Mediterranean coastline? Thomas Cook's research shows that one of the top holiday hotspots we're dreaming of is Greece, with the country making a strong comeback this year. However, with over 32 million searches conducted on their website so far this year, people are taking advantage of the wide range of exotic destinations available - with Dalman holidays, European breaks and holidays to Antalya also proving popular. Go all-in with Thomas Cook to slash your holiday spend With holidays a central priority, Brits are happy to splurge on their tropical breaks. The expected average spend per person in 2013 is £672, with a quarter of Brits set to part with between £500 and £1,000 per person.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV