50% Of People Prioritise A Holiday In 2013
LONDON, March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
• Thomas Cook finds holidays are the top spending priority for Brits this year
• Greece is one of the most likely candidates for 2013 holidays• One in ten of us are already shopping for holiday wear Britain is not exactly known for its good weather, but it's really outdone itself this year. Snow, ice, bitterly cold winds and a spattering of hail showers - we've seen it all! But while the weather in the UK has been cool, leading travel agent Thomas Cook has found that over 32 million of us have already started searching for holidays on their website - with Greece making a strong comeback. Will a holiday be your most important purchase this year? A recent poll by Thomas Cook found that a holiday abroad was our top spending priority this year - with almost half of respondents (47%) saying it would be their most important purchase. Brits are so eager to leave their everyday stresses behind that one in ten have already hit the high street to replenish their holiday wardrobe. Already busy swapping fleeces for flip-flops and snow boots for skimpy bikinis, many of us are already dreaming of jetting off to exotic destinations, with cheap Holidays to Bodrum proving a popular choice this summer. Will we be thawing out on the Mediterranean coastline? Thomas Cook's research shows that one of the top holiday hotspots we're dreaming of is Greece, with the country making a strong comeback this year. However, with over 32 million searches conducted on their website so far this year, people are taking advantage of the wide range of exotic destinations available - with Dalman holidays, European breaks and holidays to Antalya also proving popular. Go all-in with Thomas Cook to slash your holiday spend With holidays a central priority, Brits are happy to splurge on their tropical breaks. The expected average spend per person in 2013 is £672, with a quarter of Brits set to part with between £500 and £1,000 per person.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts