Icahn Increases Stake In Herbalife
By The Associated Press
Activist investor Carl Icahn is increasing his stake in Herbalife.
An SEC filing Thursday showed that the billionaire investor now has a 15.55 percent stake in the dietary supplements company. That is up from an earlier 13.6 percent stake.
Herbalife Ltd. and Icahn have agreed that he can raise his stake in the company to as much as 25 percent and add two new members of his choice to the company's board.The investor has been in a very public dispute with hedge fund manager William Ackman over the company. Icahn has backed Herbalife, but Ackman has a negative bet on the company, shorting its stock, and has accused it of being a pyramid scheme. Herbalife shares increased nearly 2 percent to $41.72 in after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV