Icahn Increases Stake In Herbalife
By The Associated Press
Activist investor Carl Icahn is increasing his stake in Herbalife.
An SEC filing Thursday showed that the billionaire investor now has a 15.55 percent stake in the dietary supplements company. That is up from an earlier 13.6 percent stake.
Herbalife Ltd. and Icahn have agreed that he can raise his stake in the company to as much as 25 percent and add two new members of his choice to the company's board.The investor has been in a very public dispute with hedge fund manager William Ackman over the company. Icahn has backed Herbalife, but Ackman has a negative bet on the company, shorting its stock, and has accused it of being a pyramid scheme. Herbalife shares increased nearly 2 percent to $41.72 in after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV