Ballast Nedam Annual Figures For 2012: Tough Year, Firm Intervention, Accelerated Profile Change
The current dividend policy is to place 50 per cent of the profit for the period at the disposal of shareholders for distribution as dividend. A substantial loss was made in 2012, solvency deteriorated, and the difficult market conditions are expected to continue. For these reasons, the Board of Management, with the approval of the Supervisory Board, has decided in line with the dividend policy to refrain from paying a dividend for 2012. The dividend for 2011 was € 0.47. In view of the loss incurred and the loss of more than 500 jobs, no bonuses will be paid in Ballast Nedam for 2012.
CO 2 reduction
Ballast Nedam achieved the envisaged 14% CO 2 reduction, which leaves us well on schedule to achieve the 30% reduction target relative to the CO 2 emission in 2008. Ballast Nedam aims to reduce energy consumption, and is engaged within its markets on sustainable energy, including the application of green gas, heat/cold storage and wind energy. The number of green gas-fuelled vehicles in Ballast Nedam increased by 47% to 677, which now accounts for 35% of the entire vehicle fleet. This represents a significant lowering of CO 2, nitrogen oxide and particulate matter the emissions.Safety Safety is one of Ballast Nedam's core values. Despite our great efforts on workplace safety in the past year the number of lost-time accidents increased from 48 in 2011 to 64 in the course of 7.7 million worked hours, which translates into a decline in the injury frequency from 6.5 in 2011 to 8.3. In 2010 the injury frequency was 10.7. This figure must be brought down in 2013. The injury frequency is the number of lost-time accidents per million hours worked. There were no fatal accidents in the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV