Oxford Resource Partners
Oxford Resource Partners (OXF) is a low-cost producer of high value steam coal and produces surface mined coal in Ohio. Its reserves and operations are strategically located in Northern Appalachia and the Illinois Basin. This stock closed up 8.9% to $2.55 on Thursday.
Thursday's Range: $2.36-$2.59
52-Week Range: $2.11-$11.75Volume: 100,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 186,947 From a technical perspective, OXF soared higher on Thursday right above its 52-week low of $2.11 with lighter-than-average volume. This stock has been downtrending badly for the last month and change, with shares plunging lower from its high of $6.11 to its recent low of $2.11. During that move, shares of OXF have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of OXF have now started to bounce off that $2.11 low and its quickly moving within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if OXF manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.70 to $2.74 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in OXF as long as it's trending above Thursday's low of $2.36, and then once it sustains a move or close above $2.70 to $2.74 with volume that hits near or above 186,947 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then OXF will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $3.50 to its 50-day moving average at $4.09. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV