Aviation Week Announces Winners Of 56th Annual Laureate Awards, Honoring Outstanding Achievements In Aviation, Aerospace & Defense
WASHINGTON, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviation Week ( http://www.aviationweek.com), the largest multimedia information and services provider to the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries, announced the winners of the 56th Annual Laureate Awards tonight at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC. The black-tie awards gala recognized the year's most remarkable individuals and teams for their extraordinary achievements in operations and technological advancement.
"The achievements we celebrate at the Laureate Awards embody the spirit of exploration, innovation, and vision that inspire others to strive for significant, broad-reaching progress in aviation, aerospace and defense," said Aviation Week & Space Technology Editor-in-Chief Joseph C. Anselmo. "We are proud to recognize and celebrate the winners' accomplishments, as well as the accomplishments of all the other Laureate award finalists from which they were chosen."
The 10 category winners include:
- Philip J. Klass Award for Lifetime Achievement: C. Don Bateman, Chief Engineer, Corporate Fellow, Flight Safety Systems, Honeywell
- Aviation Week Heroism Award: United States Coast Guard
- Aeronautics/Propulsion: Speed Agile-Powered Lift System Concept demonstration team
- Business/General Aviation: Walter Fricke, AirBoss, Veterans Airlift Command
- Commercial Air Transport: Richard Anderson, Chairman & CEO, Delta Air Lines
- Defense: K-Max Cargo Unmanned Aircraft Systems team
- IT/Electronics: The Newark Liberty International Airport Ground-Based Augmentation System Team
- Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO): Alan Butterfield, Vice President, Maintenance & Engineering, Air Canada
- Space: Curiosity Entry, Descent & Landing Team
- Workforce: Marion Blakey, President and CEO, and Susan Lavrakas, Director, Workforce, Aerospace Industries Association
- Zachary Howard Adams, Cadet First Class, United States Air Force Academy
- Matthew George Gallup, Cadet Lieutenant, United States Military Academy
- Erik William Oredson, Cadet First Class, United States Coast Guard Academy
- Benjamin Lee Putbrese, Midshipman First Class, United States Naval Academy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV