GreenStone Renews Commitment To FFA; CEO Armstrong Awarded Honorary FFA American Degree
EAST LANSING, Mich., March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FFA students from around the state of Michigan converged on the campus of Michigan State University this week for their annual convention and celebration of agriculture.
The festivities included a reception hosted by GreenStone Farm Credit Services and the Michigan Farm Bureau honoring Michigan FFA Star Award finalists. Following the ceremony, a check was presented in the amount of $25,000 to the Michigan FFA by GreenStone President and CEO, Dave Armstrong.
"The FFA plays a critical role in preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders," said Armstrong. "We look at our monetary contribution not just as a donation, but an investment in the future of the agriculture industry."Armstrong also received accolades during the convention when he was presented with a FFA Honorary American Degree by National FFA President, Clay Sapp. " Dave Armstrong has been a tremendous supporter of and advocate for the Michigan FFA Association," said Dave Wyrick, Michigan FFA Association state executive secretary. "He served as the president of the Michigan FFA Foundation and has continued his loyal support after his term of service concluded. Mr. Armstrong truly believes in the mission of the FFA and is willing to make sure that opportunities are available for FFA members now and in the future." GreenStone's Armstrong has long been a champion of FFA and the work the organization does with youth interested in agriculture. He recently served on the Michigan FFA Foundation board of directors for six years, including tenure as board chair in 2011. The FFA American Degree is the FFA's most prestigious honor and is reserved for individuals who have provided exceptional service to agriculture, agricultural education, or FFA. Award winners are chosen by the National FFA board of directors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV