The semiconductor specialist expects first-quarter revenue to between $2.8 billion and $2.91 billion, compared to its prior guidance of $2.69 billion to $2.91 billion.
Texas Instruments expects earnings between 28 cents and 32 cents a share, compared to its earlier range of 24 cents to 32 cents a share. The latest forecast includes about 6 cents of acquisition and restructuring charges and a discrete tax benefit of 6 cents related to the reinstatement of the R&D tax credit.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for revenue of $2.8 billion and earnings of 31 cents a share.Shares of Texas Instruments, which had warned of weak demand when it reported its fourth-quarter results in January, dipped 0.26% to $35.11 in extended trading. --Written by James Rogers in New York Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV