NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, John D. Rockefeller: we're all familiar with the 19th and 20th century moguls who laid the foundation for our third millennium brand of capitalism. Vivid personal histories, transformational innovations, on-going philanthropies -- not to mention right-place-at-the-right-time good luck -- all ensured their place in business history.
This raises an interesting and obvious question -- which of our modern Midases will be remembered a hundred years hence and which will join the rest of us in the legions of the long forgotten?
Destiny or dustbin? Flash in the pan, or member of the pantheon; the following slide show posits some predictions from the fields of entertainment, investing, real estate and technology. Agree, disagree -- post your comments below.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV