- Trimmed more than 4,850 miles of trees along power lines in Maryland and about 850 miles in the District of Columbia. Pepco plans to trim another 1,225 miles in Maryland and the District between now and the end of the year. The company has award-winning arborists on staff who help ensure that the trees that are being trimmed in an environmentally friendly manner stay healthy.
- Renewed or replaced more than 650 miles of neighborhood underground electric cable in Maryland, 58 miles in the District and plans to do the same for another 200 miles between now and the end of 2013.
- Improved the service of feeder lines that bring power into neighborhoods with the poorest reliability by upgrading more than 115 distribution feeders in Maryland, 66 feeders in the District of Columbia, and plans to complete work on about 100 more this year in the region.
- We also continue to improve our Customer Care center, where we doubled the number of representatives who take customer calls to 80 and more than doubled the phone lines – from 300 to 644. We also have made arrangements to use outside customer service help during major outages. All Customer Care representatives and additional help have been retrained.
Pepco Continues Significant Reliability Improvements
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.