Maxwell believes that the impact to the Prior Periods of correcting the errors in revenue recognition related to sales transactions to these distributors will be to decrease previously reported revenues and profits for 2011 and the first three quarters of 2012, and to increase revenue and profits by the same amounts in subsequent periods.
Maxwell believes that the restatement of revenue related to these distributors will decrease previously reported revenues for fiscal year 2011 by approximately $6.5 million and decrease revenues in the first three quarters of 2012 by approximately $5.5 million in the aggregate.
Maxwell also believes that the restatement of revenue related to these distributors will result in shipments to these distributors for which title has passed to the distributor, but for which the revenue recognition criteria has not been fully achieved, of approximately $12.0 million as of September 30, 2012. Of the shipments to these distributors that had not been collected as of September 30, 2012, and therefore not recognized as revenue, Maxwell collected $4.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 and $3.0 million to date in the first quarter of 2013, leaving $4.4 million outstanding that will be recognized as revenue as Maxwell receives payments in the future.
Maxwell is in the process of evaluating deficiencies in its internal controls over financial reporting and have preliminarily concluded that it has material weaknesses in its internal controls over financial reporting related to the identification and evaluation of revenue transactions which deviate from contractually established payment terms and therefore has preliminarily concluded that its internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure are not effective. Maxwell intends to design and implement controls to remediate these deficiencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV