- Fourth quarter 2012 revenue was $152.2 million, up 32%
- Achieved record Products revenue of $80.0 million; Services revenue increased 5% to $72.2 million
- Consolidated operating margin expanded to 8.7% of sales; Operating income was $13.2 million, up $4.9 million over prior-year period
- Full year 2012 Products revenue improved 23% to $193.7 million over the prior-year period; 2012 consolidated revenue of $462.8 million was up 1.3%
- 2013 revenue expected to be in range of $485 million to $515 million
IRVING, Texas, March 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Power Equipment Group Inc. (Nasdaq:GLPW) ("Global Power" or "Company") today reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. Results include Koontz-Wagner Custom Controls Holdings, LLC ("Koontz-Wagner"), acquired on July 30, 2012, and TOG Holdings, Inc., acquired on September 5, 2012. Both acquisitions' results are included in the Products Division's financial results as of their respective acquisition dates.
Luis Manuel Ramírez, President and CEO of Global Power, said "We delivered on the quarter with our Products Division achieving record shipment levels. Once again, the capabilities of our flexible manufacturing model and our team to manage large volume were demonstrated. We believe this is vital for addressing the expected global expansion of natural gas power generation over the next several years. And, despite the challenging past year in the U.S. nuclear power market, our Services Division also delivered growth in the quarter."
Total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $152.2million, up 32.3% from total revenue of $115.0 million in the prior-year's fourth quarter reflecting increases in both the Products and Services Divisions. Income from continuing operations was $14.4 million, or $0.85 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter, compared with $7.4 million, or $0.43 per diluted share, for the prior-year's fourth quarter. Income from continuing operations in the fourth quarter of 2012 and 2011 had $5.7 million and $4.4 million, respectively, in tax benefits from adjustments to tax reserves and tax credits. Excluding these effects, income from continuing operations per diluted share would have been $0.51 and $0.17 for the fourth quarters of 2012 and 2011, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV