Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading Internet radio service, today announced it will begin a process to identify a successor to the Company’s Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Joseph Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy, who has led the Company since July 2004, will continue in his current role until his successor is named, in order to ensure an orderly transition.
“As I near the start of my tenth year at the helm of Pandora, I am incredibly proud of the team and what we have accomplished in redefining radio. As part of our Board discussions of the road that lies ahead, I reached the conclusion and advised the Board that the time is right to begin a process to identify my successor,” said Pandora Chief Executive Officer Joe Kennedy. “There is a tremendous market opportunity ahead and I look forward to continuing to work with all the great people at Pandora to keep driving the business forward.”
During Mr. Kennedy’s stewardship, Pandora has:
- Created the world’s largest personalized Internet radio service, with over 67 million monthly active listeners.
- Become the largest radio station in almost every major U.S. market with over 8% of total U.S. radio listening.
- Built an extraordinary team, over 700 strong with a sales presence over 28 major markets, that delivered over 14 billion listener hours in fiscal 2013.
- Delivered total revenue of $427.1 million and mobile revenue of $255.9 million in fiscal 2013.
“On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Joe for his leadership, dedication and innumerable contributions to Pandora,” said Robert Kavner, Pandora’s Lead Independent Director. “During his tenure, Joe and his management team created a terrific business from the ground up, and, through his stewardship during the formative stages of Internet radio, Pandora now leads with 70% market share. We appreciate his continued strong leadership and dedication to the Company through this process.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV