BIRMINGHAM, Ala., March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC) announced today that Lee Styslinger III (52) has been elected a director of the Company.
Mr. Styslinger is chairman and chief executive officer of Altec, Inc., a holding company for businesses that design, manufacture and market equipment for the electric and telecommunications industries with products and services in over 100 countries.
Mr. Styslinger serves on the boards of Regions Financial Corporation, Harvard Business School, Northwestern University, and the National Association of Manufacturers. He is a member of the Business Roundtable and was appointed by President George W. Bush to the President's Export Council from 2006 to 2008. Mr. Styslinger earned a B.A. from Northwestern University and an M.B.A. from Harvard University."We are very pleased that Lee has agreed to join Vulcan's board," said Don James, chairman and chief executive officer of Vulcan Materials Company. "We look forward to working with him in the years ahead and to his contributions as a member of our board." With the addition of Mr. Styslinger, Vulcan's 11-member board consists of 10 outside directors. Vulcan Materials Company, a member of the S&P 500 index, is the nation's foremost producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of other construction materials. For additional information see www.vulcanmaterials.com. SOURCE Vulcan Materials Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV