KBR (NYSE: KBR) today announced it was awarded a contract by the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) to provide PMC services for the FEED Phase of the Gas Processing Plant (GPP) within the new Oil-Gas Processing and Petrochemical Complex (OGPC) in Azerbaijan.
This award marks the first direct engagement between SOCAR and KBR on a large world-scale capital project. KBR will build upon its long-term project experience in Azerbaijan to perform services for project management and work with its established offices in Baku to provide support for the OGPC project. The GPP FEED phase of work will be supported from KBR’s global engineering centres located in London.
The OGPC will consist of a gas processing plant, currently in FEED phase, with throughput capacity of 10-12 billion cubic meters per annum and a refinery plant with a capacity of 10 million tonnes per annum. Oil products are being developed as strategic domestic assets and the petrochemical plant is being developed mostly for the export market. The GPP FEED completion is expected circa October 2013, with the overall OGPC expected to begin operating in late 2020.
“KBR is proud to support SOCAR on their flagship onshore OGPC world-scale facility,” said David Zelinski, President, KBR Downstream. “This award confirms KBR’s presence as one of the top engineering contractors in the region, specifically Azerbaijan.”KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV