World's Largest International Education Conference Coming To St. Louis
Registration now open; Speaker line-up includes prominent peace and justice advocates
WASHINGTON, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Looking for leads and sources for cutting-edge stories on international education? The NAFSA annual conference is the world's largest gathering of professionals in international education. More than 8,000 education, immigration and foreign policy experts from 120 countries come together to share insights, data and new trends that will impact higher education around the world. Each day includes a plenary address from a global leader committed to peace and a better world. See below to find out more about this year's line-up and how to apply for a media pass.
2013 Plenary Speakers
- Kofi Annan , Former United Nations Secretary-General and Nobel Peace Laureate Opening Plenary Address, Tuesday, May 28, 4:00 – 5:30 pm.
- Oscar Arias , Two-Time Costa Rica President and Nobel Peace LaureateInternational Plenary and Luncheon, Friday, May 31, 12:00 – 1:30 pm.
- Dr. Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa , Internationally Renowned Brain Surgeon and Former Migrant Farm WorkerPlenary Address, Wednesday, May 29, 4:00 – 5:30 pm.
- Rye Barcott, Founder of Carolina for Kibera, Peace Activist, and Former Marine Plenary Address, Thursday, May 30, 4:00 – 5:30 pm.
- Learn more about the speakers at www.nafsa.org/ac13plenaries.
Guest Speakers Other speakers include representatives from local St. Louis institutions and experts on immigration, the Arab Spring, social media and more.
- Pia Orrenius, former White House senior economist; assistant vice president and senior economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Leila Nadya Sadat , special adviser to International Criminal Court Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda; director of Whitney R. Harris World Law Institute at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis
- Shibley Telhami, senior fellow at the Brookings Institution; Anwar Sadat Professor for Peace and Development at University of Maryland-College Park
- George Mehaffy , vice president for academic leadership and change at American Association of State Colleges and Universities, Washington, DC
- Eric Stoller, student affairs and technology blogger for Inside Higher Ed
- Peter MacKeith, associate dean at Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis; curator at Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum
- Harry I. Chernotsky, director of international studies at University of North Carolina-Charlotte
- Gina M. Rosabal, social justice consultant
- Find more information about guest speakers at www.nafsa.org/ac13guestspeakers.
- Find a full list of the more than 200 conference session offerings at http://www.nafsa.org/ac13sessions.
- The International Education Expo Hall will feature exhibitors representing hundreds of organizations from around the world, including colleges and universities, study abroad and intensive-English programs, embassies and government agencies and more. Plan ahead with an online guide at www.nafsa.org/ac13expo.
- Reporters interested in covering NAFSA's annual conference should register for a Media Pass in advance by submitting a completed Media Pass Registration form. For complete information about press registration, NAFSA's policy for media pass holders, and other details, visit NAFSA's 2013 annual conference pages for news media at www.nafsa.org/ac13press. Check-in for news media begins Tuesday, May 28, at 7:00 AM at the America's Center. Media workspace will be provided.
- For advance or on-site help, to schedule interviews, or to arrange a quick guided orientation to the conference, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit NAFSA online, check out our blog, and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on the latest in international education.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV