ORLANDO, Fla., March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Parkway Properties, Inc. (NYSE:PKY) announced today that it has completed the previously announced purchase of eight office properties totaling 1.0 million square feet located in the Deerwood submarket of Jacksonville, Florida for a purchase price of $130 million. The properties were developed in phases from 1996 through 2005 and are currently a combined 93.7% occupied. Parkway placed secured financing on the properties simultaneous with closing totaling $84.5 million that has a maturity date of April 1, 2023 and a fixed interest rate of 3.9%.
Other Financing Activity
On February 21, 2013, Parkway closed on an $80 million first mortgage secured by Phoenix Tower in Houston, Texas. Phoenix Tower is a 626,000 square foot office tower located in the Greenway Plaza submarket of Houston that was 83.6% occupied as of January 1, 2013. The mortgage has a maturity date of March 1, 2023 and a fixed interest rate of 3.9%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV