Quiksilver, Inc. (NYSE:ZQK) today announced operating results for the fiscal 2013 first quarter ended January 31, 2013.
“During the first quarter, we took a number of steps supporting our three core strategies of strengthening our brands, increasing sales and driving operating efficiencies,” said Andy Mooney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Quiksilver, Inc. “We are revising our global organizational structure and transitioning toward global core processes led by experienced senior executives. We appointed heads of global supply chain, global footwear design and global apparel design, and we are actively recruiting a chief marketing officer. In addition, we made decisions to better focus the product line breadth of our three core global brands. We believe these actions will help lay the foundation for improved operating results.
“Net revenues in the first quarter were impacted by the closure of underperforming retail stores over the last year, as well as disappointing performances in our wholesale channel and in the Americas region,” continued Mooney. “On the positive side, we saw continued growth in our emerging markets and e-commerce channel, a modest improvement in gross margin and lower operating expenses.”
Please refer to the accompanying tables for a reconciliation of GAAP results to certain non-GAAP results for the first quarter, net revenues in historical and constant currency, and a definition of our emerging markets.Fiscal 2013 First Quarter Review: The following comparisons refer to the first quarter of fiscal 2013 versus the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Net revenues were $431 million compared with $450 million, and were down 3%, or $15 million, in constant currency.
- Americas net revenues decreased 9% to $186 million from $205 million, and were down 9% in constant currency.
- EMEA net revenues increased 1% to $171 million from $169 million, and were up 2% in constant currency.
- APAC net revenues decreased 2% to $73 million from $75 million, and were down 1% in constant currency.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts