- TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie's total number of followers on Twitter is tops among Canadian media personalities -
To tweet this release:
March 7, 2013
most followed media personality achieved a major milestone today when TSN Hockey Insider
passed the 500,000-follower threshold.
With more than 16,000 tweets on all things hockey, McKenzie is the Twitterverse's top choice for breaking news and analysis of the biggest stories in the game. Highlights of news that McKenzie has broken on Twitter includes:
- The firing of Brian Burke as president-GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs - McKenzie's tweet generated 5,200+ re-tweets, making it his most re-tweeted tweet ever ( January 9, 2013)
- Confirming on good authority - Pat Burns, himself - that Burns had not passed away as was being widely reported ( September 17, 2010)
- Countless trades, firings, signings, injuries, and waiver claims
A Twitter user since
July 8, 2009
, McKenzie averages 300+ new followers every day. For the past two years,
has named McKenzie to its
Twitter Top 100
- a list honouring the Twitter news feeds that the magazine's reporters, writers and editors consider essential to their daily routine for finding news, information and entertainment from the sports world.
"Bob's more than 500,000 followers on Twitter is a testament to his integrity as a journalist and his reputation as one of the most respected and well-connected individuals in the hockey world," said
, Senior Vice-President, Production, TSN. "In a highly competitive space, Bob and the rest of the NHL ON TSN broadcast team have set the standard for how Twitter can be used by media professionals. Their sound journalistic approach to breaking news and delivering best-in-class analysis gives hockey fans a trusted voice on social media to guide them to the news they need to know the most."
McKenzie is joined on the NHL ON TSN broadcast team by fellow Hockey Insiders Darren Dreger and
, whose Twitter accounts
currently have 388,850 and 232,344 followers respectively. Host James Duthie
) has 189,669 followers.
For a list of all TSN personalities on Twitter, visit
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2,
, TSN Radio and TSN Mobile TV. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, TSN's slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA
, MLB Sunday Night Baseball, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE),
largest communications company.
- TSN -