New Companion Book To Dan Brown's "Inferno"
LOS ANGELES, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The anticipated companion book to Dan Brown's "Inferno" novel has just arrived in bookstores. Written by noted historian Sanford Holst, "Templar Inferno" explores how the death of Knights Templar in flames inspired Dante Alighieri to write his "Inferno" in the 1300s -- and how it changed everything that followed. Dan Brown's hero Robert Langdon must make his way through this world, racing down secret passageways in Florence Italy to decode clues in Dante's Inferno. "Hundreds of Templars were burned to death but many more survived, and we even know intriguing details of their lives," said Holst. "The knights who refused the pope's order to surrender were forced to live in secrecy outside the law. Their rebellious underground activities played a role in the fall of kings and the weakening of the Vatican."
Holst wrote Amazon's #1 book on the Phoenicians, the people who helped build Solomon's Temple and strongly influenced the Templars. The papers Holst presented at universities in the USA and overseas resulted in his being elected to the prestigious Royal Historical Society in England. His book "Sworn in Secret" (2012) gives a detailed history of the Templars.
"Many things are discovered as 'Templar Inferno' explores the lives of people who were instrumental in the rise, fall and survival of the Templars -- and their effect on Dan Brown's world," Holst added.
Santorini Publishing produces new views of popular subjects in history and the modern world.Images are available at www.templarinfernobookreview.com/inferno_media_images.htm. For further details see www.templarinfernobookreview.com. Templar Inferno: Knights of Rebellionby Sanford HolstSantorini PublishingISBN 978-0-9833279-5-0Paperback, 248 pages, 45 illustrations $14.95 (US) £9.49 (UK) €10.99 (EU) SOURCE Santorini Publishing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV