Aetna (NYSE: AET) is highlighting a number of different programs that show how technology and innovation can empower people to live healthier lives at the 2013 South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Festival. Among its activities, Aetna will showcase three small technology companies that have integrated their solutions with Aetna’s CarePassTM platform, which offers simple, convenient access to some of the best health and wellness apps in the marketplace. Aetna senior leaders Martha L. Wofford, vice president and head of CarePass for Aetna, and Charles E. Saunders, M.D., chief executive officer of Healthagen, a division of Aetna, will also join other thought leaders presenting at the festival.
New Partners Enhance the CarePass Experience
The new mobile and web apps partnering with the CarePass platform are:
- MOXIEfit TM by Intelligent Automation, Inc., a virtual personal trainer to motivate and support a step-by-step achievable weight loss program;
- MyBreath by BreathResearch, a solution for analyzing, tracking, and training a person’s breathing pattern to reduce stress, increase endurance, and optimize health; and
- Zipongo, a solution that makes it easy to eat well with deals on healthy groceries and inspiring meal plans.
“The CarePass™ platform creates a personalized, coherent experience to help consumers manage their whole health, from getting care to staying well, all with one sign-on,” said Wofford. “We are excited to work with developers and small companies to make it easier and faster to bring innovative solutions to consumers by connecting to CarePass.”CarePass offers a developer portal that includes access to unique data and services from both Aetna and third-party partners via application programming interfaces (APIs). The portal is intended to let existing apps easily deliver a connected user experience via Aetna’s CarePass Sync API, and to enable developers to quickly create new apps on the platform. Aetna will be showcasing its developer portal, its CarePass Sync API, and these three new partner apps as a presenter at Circus Mashimus, the popular SXSW destination hosted by API management firm Mashery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV