DULUTH, Minn., March 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IKONICS Corporation (Nasdaq:IKNX), a Duluth-based imaging technology company, today announced that its Board of Directors recently promoted Dr. Karl Shaw to the position of Chief Technology Officer. Shaw joined IKONICS in 2011 as Director of New Technologies and served in the company's Digital Texturing (DTX) and Micro Machining businesses. Shaw is a globally recognized expert in the digital texturing and mold engraving field. Currently his main duties at IKONICS are in the area of machining advanced materials for the aerospace industry.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17489
From 1997 – 2008, Shaw served as President of the Standex Engraving Group, then a $80 million enterprise with 25 manufacturing locations worldwide, engraving molds, rolls and plates using digital and analogue etching technologies. Dr. Shaw developed many new methods and processes that were key to Standex becoming a leading mold engraving company.Dr. Shaw has a Certificate Award from the General Management Program of the Harvard Business School and a Ph.D. in Materials Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Bill Ulland, IKONICS CEO, said, "In his relatively short tenure here, Karl has positively impacted IKONICS in ways that are leveraging our unique technologies into markets that are increasingly important to us. Karl's new position more accurately reflects his value as a technologist." Dr. Shaw said, "I'm obviously pleased with the promotion. More than that, I'm excited to be on the leading edge of a team that is poised to take advantage of these truly unique combinations of technologies. Still lots of work to do, of course, but our direction is clear."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV