3 Stocks Pushing The Retail Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Michael Kors Holdings ( KORS) is down $1.80 (-2.9%) to $59.39 on average volume Thus far, 2.7 million shares of Michael Kors Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $59.28-$61.33 after having opened the day at $61.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.19. Michael Kors Holdings Limited engages in the design, marketing, distribution, and retail of branded women's apparel and accessories, and men's apparel. The company sells its products primarily under the names of Michael Kors, MICHAEL KORS, MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS, and KORS MICHAEL KORS. Michael Kors Holdings has a market cap of $12.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 37.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Michael Kors Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Michael Kors Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock itself is trading at a premium valuation. Get the full Michael Kors Holdings Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts