High-end retailer Saks (SKS) saw heavy opening call buying yesterday- possibly a play to some of the retail sales data that came out this morning, but the use of longer dated contracts suggest a view into the summer. Buyer paid $0.70 to $0.75 for a total of 10,000 August $12 calls to open a new position struck 5.7% out of the money and just above the 52-week high of $11.97.
Shares of Mortgage insurance company, MBIA (MBI) (and also peers (GNW), (RDN)), have had a busy week with a jump in share prices and bullish flow in the options. MBI Saw buyers of March $15 calls and implied volatility spiked nearly 8 points to 78%.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) has provided much excitement in recent year as their K-cup patent saga and share ware with Starbucks (SBUX) has played out. Shares bottomed off a $17.50 level last summer and have had a strong rally to the $50 range in just a few months. Option flow on Wednesday moderate and calls outnumbered puts more than 2:1 with buyers of April 55calls leading the action.
In ONEOK (OKE), we saw one large institutional player said Okey Dokey (sorry) to a large upside position in this thinly traded natural gas name on Wednesday, setting a size record and increasing open interest by a factor of 5.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV