Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) today reported that February 2013 net sales increased 11 percent compared with last year.
Net sales for the four-week period ended March 2, 2013 were $966 million compared with net sales of $874 million for the four-week period ended February 25, 2012. Due to the 53 rd week in fiscal year 2012, February 2013 comparable sales are compared to the four-week period ended March 3, 2012. On this basis, the company’s comparable sales for February 2013 were up 3 percent compared with a 4 percent increase for February 2012.
"Building on our successful 2012 performance, we’re pleased with the company’s overall sales results in February," said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Comparable sales by global brand for February 2013 were as follows:
- Gap Global: positive 2 percent versus negative 2 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 5 percent versus positive 11 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: positive 6 percent versus positive 5 percent last year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts