Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) today reported that February 2013 net sales increased 11 percent compared with last year.
Net sales for the four-week period ended March 2, 2013 were $966 million compared with net sales of $874 million for the four-week period ended February 25, 2012. Due to the 53 rd week in fiscal year 2012, February 2013 comparable sales are compared to the four-week period ended March 3, 2012. On this basis, the company’s comparable sales for February 2013 were up 3 percent compared with a 4 percent increase for February 2012.
"Building on our successful 2012 performance, we’re pleased with the company’s overall sales results in February," said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Comparable sales by global brand for February 2013 were as follows:
- Gap Global: positive 2 percent versus negative 2 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 5 percent versus positive 11 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: positive 6 percent versus positive 5 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV