Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) today reported that February 2013 net sales increased 11 percent compared with last year.
Net sales for the four-week period ended March 2, 2013 were $966 million compared with net sales of $874 million for the four-week period ended February 25, 2012. Due to the 53 rd week in fiscal year 2012, February 2013 comparable sales are compared to the four-week period ended March 3, 2012. On this basis, the company’s comparable sales for February 2013 were up 3 percent compared with a 4 percent increase for February 2012.
"Building on our successful 2012 performance, we’re pleased with the company’s overall sales results in February," said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Comparable sales by global brand for February 2013 were as follows:
- Gap Global: positive 2 percent versus negative 2 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 5 percent versus positive 11 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: positive 6 percent versus positive 5 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV