Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) announced today that José Luis Pier Castelló will join the company as president/general director of Lowe’s Mexico, effective March 15, 2013. He replaces Francisco Fernandez, who has left the company. Pier Castelló will report to William D. (Doug) Robinson, head of international operations and development.
“José Luis has more than 19 years of experience in both store operations and retail strategy with multi-national companies. His demonstrated leadership and retail expertise make him an outstanding fit for the Lowe’s Mexico operation as it continues to grow to best serve the needs of Mexican consumers,” said Robinson.
Pier Castelló has served in leadership roles with retailers such as 7-Eleven Mexico, where he was chief operating officer, supermarket chain Supermercados Internacionales H.E.B., and Wal-Mart Mexico. Pier Castelló has a degree in business administration from the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey and diplomas in marketing, finance and family education.
“During his time with Lowe’s, Francisco helped us develop operations from the ground up in Monterrey. We thank him for his leadership and service, and wish him the very best in the next phase of his career,” Robinson added.Lowe’s entered the home improvement business in Mexico when it opened stores in Monterrey in 2010. Today, the company has five stores located in Monterrey, Saltillo, Hermosillo and Culiacan. With fiscal year 2012 sales of $50.5 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE ® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,750 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV