Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers Celebrates National Athletic Training Month: Every Body Needs An Athletic Trainer
CHICAGO, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Athletic Training Month, Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers—the largest physical therapist owned and managed practice in the U.S.—specially recognizes its team of more than 70 certified athletic trainers (AT). Accelerated appreciates that its ATs are experts in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and sport-related illnesses.
In fact, Accelerated is joining the National Athletic Trainers' Association in declaring "Every Body Needs an Athletic Trainer" (this year's theme). But unfortunately, studies show that when a student-athlete sustains an injury, only about 42% of schools have access to a qualified health care professional who is capable of assessing the conditions and making return-to-participation decisions.
This absence of ATs is during a time when the importance of proper on-site health care has never been greater. Immediate care can reduce the onset of short- and long-term quality of life and financial consequences from injuries such as concussions. A paper presented recently at the American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference reported that 8 times more concussions were diagnosed in girls' high school soccer and 4.5 times more in girls' high school basketball with ATs present than without ATs.
Accelerated's sports medicine services are unparalleled in the industry, as our top priority is to help patients achieve their goals of staying healthy. So Accelerated supports a current petition to ensure that the student-athletes in America have access to qualified personnel, equipment, and emergency action plans at every sporting event and facility. Accelerated invites others to join us in signing the petition by March 8 at https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ensure-youth-athletes-have-direct-access-health-care-professionals-qualified-make-assessments-and/NPdNCkq1"Athletic trainers are an integral part of our Accelerated team," said Eric Warner, Accelerated CEO, Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers. "On the field, court, or in the clinic, they act as our 'eyes and ears,' keeping the patients safe and healthy. They improve patient functional and physical outcomes, which ultimately reduces rehabilitative and other health care costs. Our athletic trainers can make all the difference." Accelerated takes pride in supporting its communities as well as its athletes, coaches, parents, and families. Our athletic trainers—who have strong reputations for clinical quality, effective outcomes, and exceptional customer service—are committed to providing excellent, quality care for high schools, athletic clubs, colleges, and professional teams. In addition, Accelerated supports many local recreational groups, and individuals who are working toward lifestyles of wellness and personal fitness. Through the Accelerated Athletic Training Program, our ATs are prepared to:
- Coordinate pre-participation physical exams
- Provide on-site injury evaluations, immediate care (first aid and CPR), and follow-up attention at practices, games, and tournaments
- Assist in the prevention, treatment, and clinical rehabilitation of athletic and other injuries
- Provide strength training and sport-specific conditioning regimens
- Coordinate physician referrals (usually within 48 hours)
- Offer valuable guidance on stretching, nutrition, biomechanics, as well as balance and core stabilization
- Supervise and motivate all types of patients to safely improve their health and fitness
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV