AKRON, Ohio, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) introduced today two new, convenient technologies that make it easier for customers of its 10 utility companies in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia and Maryland to get important information about their electric service on their computer or mobile device.
Customers can now subscribe to receive alert notifications via email or text message that contain information about bills, weather conditions that may impact electrical service, or updates on reported outages. Customers can also use text messaging to report outages, request updates on restoration efforts, and make other inquiries about their electric accounts.
"Our new alerts and text messaging services provide customers with a simple and convenient way to receive the most current information related to their electric service, right in their inbox or on their mobile devices," said Ronald I. Green, vice president, Customer Service. "These tools are part of FirstEnergy's ongoing effort to enhance service to our utility customers, including making it easier to get bills electronically and report power outages."
The alert and text messaging services are the latest additions to the suite of mobile technology recently introduced for customers. Earlier this year, the company launched smartphone apps for Apple® iPhone® and Android™ devices, and a mobile website that is accessible by using a smartphone to visit www.firstenergycorp.com. Customers can also view power outages on FirstEnergy's mobile-accessible 24/7 Power Center outage maps or receive information, view photos and watch video on the company's social media accounts.Alerts offer important notifications related to outages or bills The alert service allows customers to sign up for automated email or text message notifications on topics including:
- Restoration updates during extended power outages
- Notifications of scheduled power outages
- Severe weather alerts in advance of storms
- Billing reminders, including alerts when a new bill is available, a payment is due, a payment has been posted, or no payment has been received
- Reminder of scheduled meter reading date
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV