Overall, we had a net increase in net assets resulting from operations of $17.4 million, or $0.81 per share, during the year ended December 31, 2012, compared to a net decrease in net assets resulting from operations in 2011 of $19.9 million, or $0.92 per share. We declared dividends totaling $0.57 per share during 2012, and our net asset value increased from $9.26 per share at December 31, 2011 to $9.57 per share at December 31, 2012.
Liquidity and Capital Resources
At December 31, 2012, we had cash and cash equivalents totaling $47.7 million. The amount outstanding under our Investment Facility at December 31, 2012 was $59.5 million and an additional $12.4 million was available for borrowing. In addition, we have a $45 million Treasury Facility available to invest in U.S. Treasury Bills. As of December 31, 2012, we had $45.0 million of outstanding indebtedness under the Treasury Facility, and there was no additional amount available for borrowing.
First Quarter 2013 ActivityThus far during the first quarter of 2013, we have invested a total of $54.3 million in portfolio securities, including investments in three new portfolio companies, and we have received proceeds from redemption and repayments totaling $23.2 million, for a net deployment in new investments in 2013 totaling $31.2 million. New investments included $25.0 million in Talos Production LLC 9.75% Senior Notes, $15.0 million in a subordinated note and $2.5 million in an equity investment in OCI Holdings, LLC, $9.0 million in a subordinated note from KOVA International, Inc. and $2.8 million of additional funding to existing portfolio companies. Redemptions and repayments in 2013 included the repayment of our $9.8 million investment in Southern Pacific Resource Corp.'s Second Lien Term Loan, the sale of our $10.0 million EP Energy LLC Senior Unsecured Notes and scheduled repayments of $3.4 million in the normal course of business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV