If you thought Nacho Cheese Doritos® Locos Tacos (DLT) were awesome, then Cool Ranch DLTs just may be epic. Thanks to fans of Taco Bell® and Doritos Cool Ranch flavored chips, the upcoming arrival of Cool Ranch DLT has been more “liked,” “shared” and talked about by consumers than any other Taco Bell product in its history. And today, Thursday, March 7, Taco Bell announces that Cool Ranch DLT reaches restaurants nationwide.
Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed underlined the excitement and momentum of the new product: “We have heard the pleas for Cool Ranch DLT and we're thrilled to see our fans responses on Facebook, Twitter and Vine to our announcement of the launch date – sharing comments like ‘we will camp out’ and ‘my wish came true,’” said Creed. “This will be Taco Bell's biggest product launch of 2013!”
Taco Bell plans to support the Cool Ranch DLT launch with its largest marketing campaign in history, topping that of the original Nacho Cheese DLT. The company plans on an integrated marketing and consumer engagement effort that includes advertising (television, radio, outdoor, digital and cinema), as well as social and public relations support.
Taco Bell’s Largest Product Marketing To DateThe early marketing of Cool Ranch DLT was centered on helping insiders and social fanatics Live Más, by providing unique opportunities to try the new flavor first. Over the last three weeks, Taco Bell has given select fans a sneak peek at the new taco, holding password-only events in New York, Dallas and Los Angeles. The speakeasy-like insider trials rewarded fans that had been clamoring for the flavor for a year, since the original – Nacho Cheese DLT – hit, selling more than 350 million and becoming the most successful product launch in the 51-year history of the brand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV