On February 19, 2013, we closed a private offering (the "Offering") of $100.0 million in aggregate principal amount of our 5.50% unsecured convertible senior notes due February 15, 2018 (the "Notes"). Net proceeds from the Offering were approximately $96.7 million. We have also granted the initial purchasers an option to purchase up to an additional $15.0 million in aggregate principal amount of the Notes to cover overallotments. The overallotment option was fully exercised on March 4, 2013. The Notes were only offered to qualified institutional buyers as defined in the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act. In certain circumstances and during certain periods, the Notes are convertible into cash, shares of our common stock, or a combination of cash and shares of our common stock, at our election. Interest on the Notes is due semi-annually in arrears, commencing on August 15, 2013. The proceeds from the Offering were used to reduce outstanding borrowings and for general corporate purposes, including investing in portfolio companies in accordance with our investment objective.
During March 2013, we received binding commitments from several lenders for a $350.0 million senior secured, multi-currency credit facility, subject to definitive documentation and closing, with a maturity date of March 2017.
On March 6, 2013, our Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.26 per share, payable on April 2, 2013 to stockholders of record at the close of business on March 19, 2013.We continue to remain focused on our dividend coverage. Our net investment income adjusted for pro-forma incentive management fees was $0.27 per share and $1.08 per share for the three months and year ended December 31, 2012, respectively. Relative to dividends declared of $0.26 per share and $1.04 per share for the same periods, we continued to earn our dividend in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV