FORT WORTH, Texas, March 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tandy Leather Factory, Inc. (Nasdaq:TLF) reported today that sales for the month of February were $6.3 million, up 8% compared to February 2012 sales of $5.8 million. Year to date sales are up 6% to $12.6 million in the current year from $11.9 million last year.
Retail Leathercraft's sales rose 12% to $3.8 million compared to February 2012 sales of $3.4 million. The 77 comparable stores' sales were up 11% compared to the same period last year. The one store opened since February 2012 added February sales of $36,000. Year-to-date sales for Retail Leathercraft are $7.5 million this year, a 14% increase over sales of $6.6 million for the same period of 2012. As of the end of February, the 77 comparable stores' sales were up 13% compared to sales reported for the same period in 2012.
Wholesale Leathercraft posted sales of $2.2 million for February, equal to that of February 2012 sales. Within the Wholesale Leathercraft division, the wholesale same store sales were up 1% for the month while the National Account group's sales were down 40% from February 2012. For the year to date, Wholesale Leathercraft sales are $4.4 million compared to $4.8 million in 2012, down 7%. As of the end of February, the wholesale same store sales were up 4% compared to the same period last year and the National Account group's sales are up 76%.International Leathercraft reported February sales of $300,000, up 20% compared to February 2012 sales of $250,000. Same store sales, consisting of all three stores in the segment, were also up 20%. For the year to date, International Leathercraft sales were $663,000 compared to $494,000 in 2012, up 34%. As of the end of February, same store sales were up 34% compared to the sales reported for the same period in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV