- i-design transforms ATM screens into delivery devices for targeted marketing & 3 rd party ads
- Enhances ability to influence consumer behavior before, during & after the ATM transaction
HOUSTON, March 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cardtronics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CATM) today announced that its indirectly wholly-owned subsidiary, Cardtronics Creative UK Ltd., has acquired i-design group plc. Based in Scotland, i-design provides the technology and services that transform ATM screens (and receipts) into delivery devices for interactive customer communications by financial institutions, as well as advertising space for retailers, third-party advertisers and independent ATM owners.
Built on the premise of helping financial services providers, retailers and third-party advertisers make the most of existing customer communications, marketing and ad campaigns, the i-design solution repurposes the "waiting time" in a standard ATM transaction. On an i-design enhanced ATM, screen-saver loops and screens that formerly read "processing" or "please wait" (for example) can deliver targeted marketing/advertising messages, interactive on-screen customer surveys, plus a call-to-action message on the receipt after the transaction.
"In a world where consumer attention seems forever fixed on a screen—smartphones, TVs, tablets, laptops, etc.—it's important to remember the attention-getting quality of a screen known to all demographics, the ATM screen," said Steve Rathgaber, chief executive officer, Cardtronics. "Because an ATM transaction is all about that person's money, they're going to pay extra close attention to that screen. And with tens of thousands of ATMs under Cardtronics' direct control, plus our existing relationships with 1,200 financial institutions and name-brand retailers on two continents, i-design finds its ideal home at Cardtronics."See it work — i-design on YouTube
- Mobile phone ad -- http://bit.ly/Samsung_atmAd
- Fast-food ad -- http://bit.ly/McDonalds_atmAd
- Soda ad -- http://bit.ly/CocaColaMealDeal_atmAd
- Chewing gum ad -- http://bit.ly/Wrigleys_atmAd
- Fast-food ad 2 -- http://bit.ly/BurgerKing_atmAd
- Software: ATM owner/operator licenses i-design's proprietary, platform independent software to enable in-house targeted marketing and advertising on ATM screens and receipts.
- Media Sales & Operations: For ATM owners/operators that choose to run third-party ads on their network, in addition to targeted customer communications, i-design manages and sells the newly created advertising space on behalf of the ATM owner/operator, which approves all content.
- Creative Agency: Always a collaborative affair, i-design's in-house design firm creates the customer communications, targeted marketing and third-party ad campaign media—specifically formatted for the ATM screen and receipt.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts